Sunday, December 20, 2009

Why I like the UK !!

Here are couple a reasons why I like the UK:

1. Freedom of speech. I am allowed to speak against the government and not penalized if i did.

2. Equality. I am treated as an equal despite the fact I am an immigrant under a student/ work VISA. Not differentiated according to where i was born or what my skin colour is.

3. The Parliament debates are live and MP's spend more time debating important issues rather than heckling and addressing personal agendas.

4. Human rights.. now that is something which is always debated heavily in Malaysia. The principal is simple, I am a human and i am treated as a human.. not like a 2nd class human or 1st class.

Correct me if i am wrong but i believe in benchmarking the good attributes from other countries if Malaysia is to grow as a country.

No comments: