Thursday, January 13, 2011

MyKad Fraudulent - Easier nowadays??

LEE of Petaling Jaya, who lost his original MyKad seven years ago.

"Over the past two years, I have lodged four police reports on fraudulent usage of my MyKad which I believe has been cloned or tampered with," says LEE who, however, cannot rule out it could have been perpetuated with the misuse of his lost card.

"The first incident came to my attention in 2009 when I was informed by a bank officer I had an account with another bank at its branch in my hometown of Taiping, Perak. The bank in Taiping, after investigating, confirmed my MyKad was used illegally."

LEE says early last year, he received a letter from a lawyer representing a telco reminding him to settle payments for two handphone numbers.

"Those two numbers were subscribed without my knowledge and so I filed a second police report."

In the middle of last year, his father in Taiping informed him someone came calling there to collect rental which LEE allegedly owed to a property owner in Bukit Antarabangsa, Kuala Lumpur, again something he has no knowledge of. That led to a third police report.

Most recently, LEE received a call from an officer from the telco in which he had supposedly subscribed two mobile numbers, to inform him that his name had been blacklisted by another telco.

Why is it so easy for MyKad to be used illegally ? Can’t the officer in charge verify the validity of the fraudulent MyKad used by irresponsible person ?

No comments: