1. Leaders!! Introduce cultural and religious subject in secondary school. Students must learn to understand at least a basic culture and religion of all races in Malaysia including small ethnic in Sabah and Sarawak. I am supporting PLKN but how deep the understanding level among races? For example, how many Malay will understand what “feng shui” means to Chinese and how many Chinese will understand that “songkok” is nothing to do with Islam philosophy?
2. Adult generation should stop “condemn/talk behind” (kutuk/cakap belakang) attitude towards other races. Start to teach our children to respect all differences in race and religion including in religious places such as temple, masjid etc.
3. Leaders!! Start the new generation of Malaysian call Bangsa Malaysia. Bangsa Malaysia should over protective of Malaysian not for Malay, Chinese, Indian, Sikh, Mamak, Jawa, Bidayuh, Melanau, Bajau, Kadazan, Iban, Minang, Banjar, Bugis, Caucasian, Mixed and many other ethnicity and community that we bordered ourself.
4. Keep loving your religion and belief but love other races too. Stop any attitude of “kenegerian”. All generations must carry the responsible to respect Bangsa Malaysia. We have to protect Malaysia. (Yes! Still we are racism)
5. Leaders!! Stop political party that based on race. OUR CHILDREN IS LEARNING FROM THERE!!!
6. Get the feeling of Bangsa Malaysia by speaking in Bahasa Malaysia as a medium language in every sectors of social and economy. Next generation should learn other language as a second language such as Mandarin and Indian. Third language should be international language like French, Arabic, etc. Put English as a second language but make it compulsory for Bangsa Malaysia to speak and write well.
I know it is very hard for all of us to stop racism 100% in Malaysia because deep inside everyone of us is a natural attitude tend to be protective for ourself from our brothers, sisters and strangers, protective for our family from the community, protective for our “taman, kampung, daerah” from other “taman, kampung, daerah”, protective for our state from other state (kenegerian). Then another level we tend to protect our race or country. That is why we can see fans are fighting just to support their football team.
I personally more than happy when in 2020 we are becoming the real Bangsa Malaysia rather than advanced country. The question that we really have to ask ourself is how far can we sacrifice our race for Bangsa Malaysia?
Maaf Ya! Bahasa Inggeris saya dalam peringkat permulaan...